Reported by Debra Douglas
Now that you (and/or your friends) have made your list and plan of attack. You are prepared to increase your curb appeal from “I don’t’ think so” to “Honey, stop the car!” Remember you do not have to spend a lot of money if you have a tight rehab budget, but these simple tips can help bring you a quicker sale and at top dollar to sell your home fast!
1. Trim tree limbs and overgrown shrubs, especially those that are hiding windows and the best features of your home
2. Mow, edge, water and get rid of weeds
3. If the house did not require fresh paint, pressure wash the house, sidewalk and driveway.
4. Clean window and gutters
5. Add color with low cost annuals and bark in a few flower beds
6. While remodeling is taking place, make sure you and your contractor keep unnecessary equipment and tools put away. The property should always be left tidy at the end of the work day.
7. An easy way to improve evening curb appeal is with lighting:
Add an attractive porch light or decorative street lamp
Add accent lighting to flowerbeds
That’s it?! Yes, that is it! Take before and after pictures and you will be amazed at the difference! You are now on your way to selling your home fast!